The Aims and Objectives of the Institute are summarised below:
- To provide trained technical manpower to the secondary steel sector through short-term and long-term courses and to update their knowledge base.
- To bring awareness about the state-of-the-art technologies by holding Seminars, Workshops, Symposia etc.
- To provide various industrial services and testing facilities.
- To extend consultancy services to industries in term of solving technological problems, improving efficiency and reducing pollution levels.
- To conduct research, development and design work in frontier areas for providing update technology to this sector.
- To organize documentation and information retrieval services to the industry.
- To provide the platform for intercation between industry and educational as well as research institutions.